Surely the best part of any school day was lunchtime, but that was usually made even better with a pudding and pink custard! What made that pink custard so good? For your next treat why not take a walk down memory lane with this simple recipe, and maybe try it with any of George’s delicious Steamed Sponges!
What you will need:
- 1 pint of milk
- 1 packet (146 g) of pink (strawberry or raspberry) blancmange mix
- 2 or 3 tbs sugar to taste
What you will need to do:
- Empty the contents of the blancmange packet into a bowl.
- Add the sugar and two or three tbs from the milk and mix into a paste.
- Warm the rest of the milk in a pan – do not boil.
- Pour a little of this milk on to the paste and give it a good mix.
- Pour the pink mixture into the warmed milk and then bring to the boil.
- Keep stirring and make sure nothing burns or sticks to the bottom of the pan!
- Simmer for about a minute, and if it gets too thick just add a dash more milk.