If you shy away from clotted cream, turn your nose up at Brandy Butter or snooze at the idea of ice cream with your Christmas Pudding, maybe a Brandy Sauce is right up your street? But how do you make it?! Take a peak below and we’ll show you.
First off, the ingredients, you will need:
- 57 grams of caster sugar
- 57 grams of unsalted butter
- 57 grams of plain flour
- 1 pint of milk (whole fat ideally)
- 5 good tablespoons of Brandy (and an extra glass for you to drink)
- Pour yourself a glass of Brandy to enjoy through the process.
- On a medium heat, melt your butter in a saucepan.
- Once melted, turn down the heat and slowly add in the flour. Be sure to stir the flour in fast to leave a thick paste.
- Once added, take a sip of your Brandy, you deserve it!
- Now, swapping to a whisk, slowly add in your milk being too sure to whisk vigorously.
- Once you have added and whisked all the milk, add in your sugar and repeat the process. Whilst you are at it, how is your Brandy Glass looking? Need a top up yet?
- Once all the sugar has been mixed in, add in your Brandy to the sauce, again, whisking till you have a smooth sauce.
- Pour into a serving jug and enjoy with your Christmas Pudding!
A quick tip, if you want to prepare it the day before, you can store the sauce in the fridge and reheat it on Christmas Day. You can also use this recipe to make a cheese sauce, just replace the Brandy and Sugar with grated cheese to taste and a little garlic for that something extra special.